What are school chaplains
School Chaplains are in the prevention and rescue business. They provide a listening ear and a caring presence for kids in crisis, and those who just need a friend. (NSCA).
What will my Chaplain do?
• Work with Learning Support or Welfare Team to facilitate student wellbeing
• Provide pastoral care for students, staff and the wider school community
• Facilitate small group programs and one-on-one meetings with students
• Facilitate lunch time activities to assist students in building healthy relationships
• Network with welfare services, local churches and other agencies in the local community to provide a broad range of support services to the school
• Facilitate groups, events and activities to support spiritual wellbeing with voluntary student participation
• Build mentoring relationships and assist students with goal setting
• Support staff at school camps, excursions and other activities as required